1000-piece Frida Kahlo Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird Jigsaw Puzzle
Frida Kahlo: We are obsessed with the world's first selfie superstar.
Kahlo once famously stated, "I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone; because I am the person I know best". This piece, in particular, depicts the deep-rooted pain Kahlo experienced after her divorce from Rivera. Although the painting itself is symbolic of loneliness, the Frida Kahlo Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird Jigsaw Puzzle is the perfect solitary activity for stress management. Crafted from the highest resolution images ever taken of Frida Kahlo's Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird masterpiece, this original and unique jigsaw puzzle meets selfie art can be used as a permanent fixture on the wall once complete. But first, let me take a selfie.
- 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzle on 2mm premium board
- Frida Kahlo Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird, 1940 artwork
- Crisp, vibrant, high-res imagery
- The pieces are precision-cut from thick 2mm cardboard to ensure a frustration-free fit with minimal puzzle dust
- Made from recycled cardboard and printed with vegetable-based ink, this fine-art jigsaw puzzle is a safe and non-toxic product
- 26.5 x 19.25 inch / 673 x 489 mm when completed
- Discounted for a limited time only.
Kahlo's self-portraits were littered with symbolism. It is believed the thorn necklace in this artwork is an ode to Christ's crown of thorns, which is symbolic of Frida likening herself to a Christian martyr. It represents the deep pain and anguish she experienced after a string of failed romantic relationships. If you look carefully, the monkey is tugging at this thorn necklace which is causing Kahlo to bleed. This is believed to be symbolic of Kahlo's ex-husband and their tormented romance. (Some also say he actually gave her a monkey as a gift!)
Benefits of puzzling: puzzles never ask why you aren't married yet. 🙃